One of the most difficult jobs of a manager is to hold performance conversations.
Why? Because it’s not easy approaching employees and providing feedback that could potentially hurt their feelings. However, part of being a great leader is knowing how to hold these uncomfortable conversations.
Whatever level you are, and whoever you manage, you will have to hold a performance conversation at some point. This course will teach you how to lose the nerves and prepare your employees to feel good about these conversations.
In this course, you will learn:
- How to prepare for performance conversations
- The most common pitfalls so that you can avoid them
- Scripts on how to hold a performance conversation with responses to reactions your employees may have
- How to ensure you are not stuck in a coaching cycle and can move to accountability
- Knowing when to stop coaching and move towards a performance conversation
To check out more courses about managing performance, check them out HERE—select Managing Performance from the drop-down.