Do you get nervous when you have to have a conversation with your team regarding their poor performance? You probably know what you want to say, but keep delaying it, thinking it will go away or you will have more time tomorrow. Well, guess what that never works; when you avoid providing feedback, it just worsens and starts effecting other people on your team.
Whatever level you are and whoever you manage, you will have to hold a performance conversation at some point. This course will teach you how to lose the nerves and prepare your employees to feel good about these conversations. Because when you learn the necessary skills, you’ll be able to have these conversations and wonder what you were worried about.
In this course, you will learn the following:
- How to prepare for performance conversations
- The most common pitfalls so that you can avoid them
- Scripts on how to hold a performance conversation with responses to reactions your employees may have
- How to ensure you are not stuck in a coaching cycle and can move to accountability
- Knowing when to stop coaching and move toward a performance conversation
To check out more courses about managing performance, check them out HERE—select Managing Performance from the drop-down.